Saturday, October 31, 2009

then making a wish he tossed in the sea (T&S Series #3)

I hemmed and hawed over this weeks theme, and then stereogum introduced me to Arrows of Eros by Golden Silvers.

It is amazing musical genius.

Listen to it on repeat.

Or just listen to the mix on repeat.

I don't know about you, but when I think hand claps, I think up beat and fun. This mix... could be more peppy. But its all good, because listen carefully to the Julie Doiron and Iron & Wine tracks. They might not be the most cheery, but the clapping is quality, and more involved than the others.

If you're really in to poppy hand claps listen to OK GO's earlier albums. They've got that in the bag. Hence their appearance in the mix.

The rest of the tracks are just there to beef it out. (But three claps for them anyway!).


No comments:

Post a Comment