Welcome to Fab Five Fridays. I get so bored so quickly with this blog that I'm always trying to come up with new and exciting things to do with it. Well as new and exciting you can make something like this. (I may have sort of gotten this idea from Lainey Gossip) Here's how we're going to play this one though. On Fridays (or around Fridays) I'll post five things that are awesome this week. Or that are interesting. Or just anything really. Here goes.
1. Bill Waterson, the creator of Calvin and Hobbes, and a genius in my books, did an interview. Sort of. The man is something of a recluse, and when this random columnist from Ohio sent him an e-mail, he actually responded. It's quite fab. Also, Calvin and Hobbes is one of the very few things I can draw well, I like Bill all the more for that. Not to mention the comic is smart, funny, and insightful. Ok, I own three books of Calvin and Hobbes comics.
2. Lainey Gossip, recently introduced to me by a fellow pop culture fan, has opened my eyes to the douche-ness that is John Mayer. Not that I had any sort of idea what he was like before I read this, but now I'm just plain horrified. Who lets things like that come out of their mouth?!
3. I have been singing this song at the top of my lungs lately. Mumford and Sons are some kind of awesome. If you read the wikipedia page for them it says there is a London folk scene. Did not know that. I want to go to there.
4. I don't know about you, but I get some fairly interesting e-mails from my mother. And interesting phone calls. And interesting mail. This site embraces that. It's hilarious.
5. Fox News is not a new source. It is bullshit conservative propaganda that treats fact checking as optional, and see opinions as truth. Jon Stewart was recently on the O'Reilly Factor and talked about just that. He is definitely in my top 5 of comedians on TV (after Tina Fey, Craig Ferguson, and Stephen Colbert, but before Jenna Elfman). This is part one of his interview.
Now wasn't that fun?
8 Years Post Op!
3 months ago